Tuesday 26 February 2013

Clearly a great sense of civic pride...

This isn't really a post, just a big shout out to the awesome people of Leek. Since the Leek posting went up - in which all I basically did was buy a hosepipe - it's had more hits than any other posting since the start of the blog. And I'm talking nearly ten times more than any other post. In less than a week.

My stats thingie won't tell me what proportion of the hits were from Staffordshire, but I do know that the vast, vast majority of them were certainly from the UK - and it just can't be a coincidence. No. The vast majority of the hits for the post were from the people of Leek. It tells you something about a place when so many people who clearly haven't read the blog before come and find me just because I'm talking about their town. That kind of love for a place tells you a lot.

Go and pay them a visit sometime - I promise you it's worth the trip. Both the people and the place are genuinely fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment